Coronavirus: Two Infected People in ‘Satisfactory’ Condition (Ministry)

Rabat – The two confirmed Coronavirus cases in Morocco – a young man who arrived recently from Italy and a French tourist – are in a “satisfactory” condition, the ministry of health pointed out Tuesday.

“The two cases are in a rather satisfactory condition and do not suffer from any complication,” director of epidemiology and disease control at the ministry of health, Mohamed El Youbi, told MAP.

Morocco has announced three confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus so far, including that of a 89-year-old woman who died Tuesday and who was suffering from chronic diseases.

The two other confirmed cases are a 39-year-old man who returned recently from Italy and a French tourist who is currently hospitalized in Marrakech.

First confirmed case, the young man “no longer has coronavirus symptoms but should not leave the hospital before the completion of all the necessary tests and examinations,” said El Youbi.

In this regard, the official stressed the need to not confuse the virus incubation period with the period of treatment or hospitalization which varies according to the case and can last up to one month or more.

The third confirmed case is a French national who arrived in Marrakech on Saturday and who is currently under medical care at a hospital in the city. “His condition is not worrying,” the ministry said.

According to the ministry of health, the Kingdom is still in the first phase of infection with the novel coronavirus as all the confirmed cases came from abroad.

Source: Agency Morocaine De Presse